Saturday, November 07, 2009

TURKEY CRAFT

Watching the leaves fall at our house is like watching TV. Alyssa will be doing something else and then all of the sudden burst out, “LOOK! MOMMY! THE LEAVES ARE FALLING!” Then we have to run to the windows and look at the leaves. I love it.

Last week we went on a little leaf adventure around the backyard. I think I bundled them up too much but Alyssa loves to wear her coat and hat. And Zach looks so cute in his, so what could I do?

After we collected all our leaves, look what we made!

I just put a blob of glue in the middle of the paper and let the kids glue some leaves around it. They didn’t quite connect the feathers=leaves thing. they wanted to tear the leaves up, but still they had fun. They also found a extras and had to add to the masterpiece. I cut out a turkey body, beak and gobble-waddle-thingie and we glued those right on top of the leaves for a VERY autumn-y turkey!





More ideas for your leaf turkeys:

  • laminate and use as placemats
  • do a smaller version on the front of a greeting card
  • make an even smaller version for a Thanksgiving dinner placecard
  • cut a long strip of paper and staple/glue around kids head. Glue turkey to front for a turkey hat!

Happy November!





post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh SOOOO cute! I wish we had changing leaves here! Just Cacti! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you already did it ... but I nominated you on mine too! People need to see all this fun stuff you do!
    Lees

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment:))))